What is the best way to learn Java

Discussion in 'Java' started by David Alexanderian, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. I have no programming experience, but I am eager to learn Java. Any advice?

    David Alexanderian, Sep 12, 2003

  2. David Alexanderian

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Sep 12, 2003

  3. A good, free start is to look at the tutorials at java.sun.com.

    /Jesper Nordenberg

    Jesper Nordenberg, Sep 12, 2003
  4. David Alexanderian

    ron Guest

    I have no programming experience, but I am eager
    If I was you, I would check out the book 'Head First Java'.
    I wish this book was around when I started learning Java.

    ron, Sep 12, 2003
  5. Agreed, which is why it got such a good review at TechBookReport
    (http://www.techbookreport.com). It'll be interesting to see if the
    follow-up book, (on EJB), is as good.

    TechBookReport, Sep 12, 2003