    Which one should be used under specified situation. What is the difference
    between putch() and _putch()?

    Thanks!

    Lokicer, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Lokicer

    Jack Klein Guest

    Neither of these functions is part of the standard C++ library, or the
    standard C library either, for that matter. So they do whatever
    Microsoft says they do, and the differences between them are whatever
    Microsoft says they are.

    Since they are non-standard, we don't discuss them here, but if you
    can't figure out the difference from the compiler's documentation
    there are several places you can look for more information:

    MSDN, on Microsoft's web site.

    The Microsoft support groups in the family.

    A newsgroup like

    Jack Klein, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Lokicer

    REH Guest

    There is no difference, the one with the underscore in front is just the
    decorated name.

    REH, Feb 28, 2005