What is the difference between XX'image() and to_string()

fl

Hi,
From the book of Peter's The designer's guide to VHDL, I cannot tell
the difference between attribute: XX'image and to_string. Could anyone
explain that for me? Thanks a lot.

Ad

Mike Treseler

fl said:
Hi,
From the book of Peter's The designer's guide to VHDL, I cannot tell
the difference between attribute: XX'image and to_string.

The image attribute converts vhdl types to string equivalents.
This is built into the language for some types.
I expect that to_string is an example function
that does something similar, maybe on some other type.

-- Mike Treseler

Top