What program to use?

KiwiBrian

I have a need to do a regular conversion of about 20 HTML files that are
produced weekly, from one format to another, to make them display as I want.
I have been able to do this by using Batch Mode in the program "Advanced
Search and Replace", and creating a set of of matches and replacement
strings. Some of these involve quite a few lines of code.
However the program appears to have a bug preventing it from correctly
Can anyone confirm that this pgm is faulty, or that it is not, and perhaps
suggest another suitable program that I can try.
I have tried "Search and Replace", but it does not appear to handle
multi-line strings.

Many thanks
Brian Tozer

Blinky the Shark

KiwiBrian said:
I have a need to do a regular conversion of about 20 HTML files that
are produced weekly, from one format to another, to make them display
as I want. I have been able to do this by using Batch Mode in the
program "Advanced Search and Replace", and creating a set of of
matches and replacement strings. Some of these involve quite a few
lines of code. However the program appears to have a bug preventing
it from correctly loading the match file. Can anyone confirm that
this pgm is faulty, or that it is not, and perhaps suggest another
suitable program that I can try. I have tried "Search and Replace",
but it does not appear to handle multi-line strings.

Tried this one? InfoRapid Search & Replace. I don't know if it's *the*
"Search and Replace" to which you refer. I used to use it.

http://www.inforapid.de/html/searchreplace.htm

Toby A Inkster

I have a need to do a regular conversion of about 20 HTML files that are
produced weekly, from one format to another, to make them display as I want.
I have been able to do this by using Batch Mode in the program "Advanced
Search and Replace", and creating a set of of matches and replacement
strings.

Download "sed" for Windows?

"sed" and "grep" are command-line tools for Unix, but learn them and they
should serve you very well in this sort of situation.

Lauri Raittila

I have a need to do a regular conversion of about 20 HTML files that are
produced weekly, from one format to another, to make them display as I want.

Well, how about marking them up good and changing CSS.