What type of barcode

pld

Is there some software that when a barcode is scanned it tells the type
of bar code that it is?

Chris Smith

pld said:
Is there some software that when a barcode is scanned it tells the type
of bar code that it is?

This would depend on your bar code reader. The information coming from
the bar code reader is generally sent as either serial data (which you'd
read using javax.comm.* classes) or as key strokes (which you would
perhaps read using System.in or a KeyListener in a GUI application.
I've never seen barcode type information, but someone sitting next to me
who's done this just said that there are scanners that can send that
information.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation