What's wrong with ruby garden?

Carl Youngblood

It seems that Ruby Garden is down right now. Does anyone know what's
wrong/when it will be up again?

Thanks

===================================
Carl Youngblood
-----------------------------------
Youngblood Consulting Services, LLC
105 S. State St. #306
Orem, UT 84058
801-645-8952
(e-mail address removed)
===================================

Carl Youngblood

Bob X said:
Works fine...

That's strange. After further investigation, I can connect to the web
server and request a page but it times out waiting for a response from the
server. I've tested this using IE, Mozilla, lynx and plain old telnet to
port 80.

Simon Strandgaard

That's strange. After further investigation, I can connect to the web
server and request a page but it times out waiting for a response from the
server. I've tested this using IE, Mozilla, lynx and plain old telnet to
port 80.

Same problem here... rubygarden seems to be down.

But ping seems to work OK ?
ping rubygarden.org
PING rubygarden.org (216.133.73.195): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 216.133.73.195: icmp_seq=0 ttl=241 time=135.876 ms
64 bytes from 216.133.73.195: icmp_seq=1 ttl=241 time=135.513 ms
64 bytes from 216.133.73.195: icmp_seq=2 ttl=241 time=134.118 ms
^C
--- rubygarden.org ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 134.118/135.169/135.876/0.758 ms

Chad Fowler

Hi. We've been struggling with some issues on the RubyGarden site.
Please bear with us as we try to resolve it. I've been doing a lot of
baby-sitting but will attempt to get down to root cause tomorrow if
possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Chad Fowler

Chad Fowler

Strangely, I'm not experiencing this problem. I'll keep trying to
reproduce it.

Chad

Brian Candler

OK, its working.. but:

trying to fill in text in the search form, and submitting it.
The data transfer rate drops to a few bytes and then it just hangs forever.

Wiki without search is not good :-(

Hmm, Apache/1.3.22. Hope it's had some security patches applied...
http://www.apacheweek.com/features/security-13

Not that I can see why anyone would want to DoS rubygargen.org

Regards,

Brian.

Simon Strandgaard

Hmm, Apache/1.3.22. Hope it's had some security patches applied...
http://www.apacheweek.com/features/security-13

Not that I can see why anyone would want to DoS rubygargen.org

RubyGarden is working for me (good speed), but search is *extremly* slow.

If I search for 'foldl', then it takes about 19 seconds to transfer the
data to my machine. Is this just me or are others experiencing same kind
of lack ?