when is the databind event of an asp:objectdatasource supposed to be fired?

ibiza

Hi,

well my question is the title of this topic : when is the databind
event of an asp:eek:bjectdatasource supposed to be fired? It seems to be
random after a few tests...sometimes it is fired before page_prerender,
sometimes after...is it normal?

sam

Whenever DataBind() is called on it. Is this your object or are you
using a .NET object? Need more info here.

ibiza

well, in the .aspx file, I have something like this :

<asp:ObjectDataSource TypeName="MyDataLayer" SelectMethod="GetRecords"
UpdateMethod="UpdateRecord"
DeleteMethod="DeleteRecord" InsertMethod="InsertRecord"
runat="server"/>

and that's it. I mean, I don't have to do anymore a query let's say in
the page load like this :
// create a datasource
grid.datasource = source
grid.databind()

in that case, I knew when the databind was fired, but with an object in
the .aspx file, it's automatic...