when your site is big do you have to resumbit your sitemap.xml to google & Bing?

Mark Shapiro

My site is content-rich and has 500 real pages of unique info. I have
been in the habit of resubmitting my sitemap.xml to both Google and
Bing, every time I add content or do big revisions to structur or
content (sometimes every day)

Some wise geeks told me I don't have to as I'm aleady set up so that
Google at least, checks my site for changes already and resumitting too
often is not a good idea. Oh wise ones, please enlighten me.

Adrienne Boswell

(e-mail address removed) (Mark Shapiro) wrote
My site is content-rich and has 500 real pages of unique info. I have
been in the habit of resubmitting my sitemap.xml to both Google and
Bing, every time I add content or do big revisions to structur or
content (sometimes every day)

Some wise geeks told me I don't have to as I'm aleady set up so that
Google at least, checks my site for changes already and resumitting too
often is not a good idea. Oh wise ones, please enlighten me.

As long as you're not breaking any rules, once the bots get your address,
they will come back regularly for more. You really don't have to
resubmit unless you've done something like change the domain name, and
then you should use a 301 from the old site to the new site.

Athel Cornish-Bowden

My site is content-rich and has 500 real pages of unique info. I have
been in the habit of resubmitting my sitemap.xml to both Google and
Bing, every time I add content or do big revisions to structur or
content (sometimes every day)

Some wise geeks told me I don't have to as I'm aleady set up so that
Google at least, checks my site for changes already and resumitting too
often is not a good idea. Oh wise ones, please enlighten me.

Are you
mark shapiro attorney
mark shapiro cobalt
mark shapiro six flags
mark shapiro cleveland indians
mark shapiro center for investigative reporting
mark shapiro espn
mark shapiro ceramics
mark shapiro indians
or some other Mark Shapiro?