Where are my Code Snippets?

Pat

All,

I organized a butt-load of code snippets into a tab called 'Code
Snippets' I created in my 'Toolbox', named them and used them. Then,
they were gone! They were showing up in every application (.sln) no
problem. To my knowledge I did not delete them. I'm using the DotNet
2003 IDE.

Where'd the tab and my snippets go?!?!

Thanks,

Pat G.

Simon Harris

Sorry, I cant help with where your snippets went....But, they sound cool -
What are they? How did you create them?

Pat

Off to the side of the IDE in the 'Toolbox' tab I right-mouse-clicked
in some free space, got a context menu and selected 'Add Tab'. You'll
get a new tab with a blinking cursor waiting for you to name it
something much like creating a new folder on your C:/ drive, I named
mine "Code Snippets". Once you name it, click on it as to 'open' it.
Next highlite some code or text or whatever and drag it over to the
'Toolbox' tab, hover for a second, the Toolbox will expand and perhaps
show your new tab, if so drop the code or text onto the newly created
and named tab. It will be condensed into a single line named with the
beginning text of the code snippet you selected and dragged on to the
new tab. You can right mouse click the new snippet and rename it
something useful, like "Page Load" or "Customer Drop Down Load" or
whatever. I used it all the time, now it's gone.

Simon Harris

Thanks - That sounds useful, I'll probably start using it.

Re your missing tab, did you try right clicking and choosing 'Show All
Tabs'? (Just an idea)

The other thing you might try is a search of your C: drive for files
containing text that you know were witin one of your snippets - May at least
point you in the right direction, possibly saving you from typing them all
again.

Good luck! :)