Where can I find the .designer.cs file in an ASP .NET 2.0 project

mj

Hi,

I use VS 2005 to create a Web site, there should be some .designer.cs files
for the Web Forms, but I can't find them.

And I want to override the Page class's PreInit method, how can I do with
the VS 2005?

Thanks in advance.

mj

jan.hancic

There is no .designer.cs files in web proejcts.
The layout of the page is defined with HTML in aspx files.

PreInit is a avent and not a method. If you would like to do some stuff
there just make a method that handles the PreInit event.

mj

Thanks Jan.

But our inherited class is just a partial class, I'm wondering where the
other code is.

In VS 2003, if we want to override a method of a page, we can first find the
page's base class in "Class View", select a method, from the context menu,
we can select the "override" menu item to let the VS add the method for you,
then you can write some code, is there any similar operation in VS 2005?

To write a event handler for a page is also very easy in VS 2003, select the
page, then from the Properties window, we can easily add event handler for
the page, but we can't do so in VS 2005.

jan.hancic

But our inherited class is just a partial class, I'm wondering where the
I am not shure if I understand what you mean by this. I mean I know
what partial classes are. Could you write som more information on what
you would like to do...

AS for the other part. What language are you using anways?

sanjay.uttam

Greetings. 2 part question...Firstly, is there a way to natively create
"Web Application Projects" natively within 2k5 without downloading
this? Is it impossible to access control declarations in web sites
(protected system.web.ui.webcontrols.button() btn1; //for example)
unless the web aplication projects add-on is dl'd? Thanks!