Where to begin learning how to make 'Ajaxify' your own code?

darrel

I've been getting up to speek on 2.0 and have gone through some tutorials
and am finding it all fairly slick. AJAXifiying a control couldn't be
easier, it seems.

that said, most tutorials are only using the built-in controls. So, take a
Grid control and put it in an AJAX updateControl and there you go.

What I'm not entirely clear upon is how one gets their own code set up to
update via the AJAX call. Can I stick any old web controls into a
updateControl and have it automatically execute any codebehind I have
pertaining to them asynchonously?

-Darrel

Ben Rush

Can I stick any old web controls into a updateControl and have it
automatically execute any codebehind I have pertaining to them
asynchonously?

I'm surpised this questions wasn't answer yet. I actually played a lot with
the early beta releases but haven't had a chance to muck with the latest -
unfortunately, but yes - if things have remained nearly the same, there are
triggers within the script of the page that capture post back events and
rechannel them through the AJAX layer. What this results in is the ability
to use "any old web controls".