Where to put ruby.h?

James Byrne

I install ruby via a binary rpm, however I have a requirement to provide
swig with the ruby header file. Where in the directory structure should
I put it? "/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/include"? "/usr/lib/ruby"?

Regards,
Jim

Eric Hodel

I install ruby via a binary rpm, however I have a requirement to
provide
swig with the ruby header file. Where in the directory structure
should
I put it? "/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/include"? "/usr/lib/ruby"?

ruby.h should always be here:

ruby -rrbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["archdir"]'

James Byrne

Eric said:
ruby.h should always be here:

ruby -rrbconfig -e 'puts Config::CONFIG["archdir"]'

After the light went on I installed the ruby-devel-1.8.4-1.c4.i386.rpm
for
CentOS4, which provided everything I needed and put it all in the right
places.