    I thought that this may be a helpful question to kick-start the new PHP section!

    I'm an occasional PHP coder and I'm primarily using NetBeans (https://netbeans.org/features/php/) at the moment. It's free and works well for my needs, but I'm always interested in alternatives.

    Which PHP IDE do you use?

    Ian, Jun 19, 2014

  2. Ian

    brianberneker

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    brianberneker, Jun 20, 2014
    Ian likes this.

  3. Ian

    Liam W

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2014
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    I was using Eclipse and PDT, but then I got fond of Zend Studio, and now I'm using phpStorm :)

    Liam W, Jun 28, 2014
  4. Ian

    Nihar

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2017
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    phpDesigner It's really the best IDE I've came across (and I believe I've tried them all).
    Learn PHP here: https://hackr.io/tutorials/learn-php

    The main pro of this one is that it's NOT Java based. This keeps the whole thing quick.

    Features:
    • Intelligent Syntax Highlighter - automatic switch between PHP, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript depending on your position!
    • PHP (both version 4 and 5 are supported)
    • SQL (MySQL, MSSQL 2000, MSSQL 7, Ingres, Interbase 6, Oracle, Sybase)
    • HTML/XHTML
    • CSS (both version 1 and 2.1 are supported)
    • JavaScript
    • VBScript
    • Java
    • C#
    • Perl
    • Python
    • Ruby
    • Smarty
    PHP:
    • Support for both PHP 4 and PHP 5
    • Code Explorer for PHP (includes, classes, extended classes, interfaces, properties, functions, constants and variables)
    • Code Completion (IntelliSense) for PHP - code assist as you type
    • Code Tip (code hint) for PHP - code assist as you type
    • Work with any PHP frameworks (access classes, functions, variables, etc. on the fly)
    • PHP object oriented programming (OOP) including nested objects
    • Support for PHP heredoc
    • Enclose strings with single- or double quotes, linefeed, carriage return or tabs
    • PHP server variables
    • PHP statement templates (if, else, then, while…)
    • Powerful PHP Code Beautifier with many configurations and profile support
    • phpDocumentor wizard
    • Add phpDocumentor documentation to functions and classes with one click!
    • phpDocumentor tags
    • Comment or uncomment with one click!
    • Jump to any declaration with filtering by classes, interfaces, functions, variables or constants
    Debug (PHP):
    • Debug with Xdebug
    • Breakpoints
    • Step by step debugging
    • Step into
    • Step over
    • Run to cursor
    • Run until return
    • Call stack
    • Watches
    • Context variables
    • Evaluate
    • Profiling
    • Multiple sessions
    • Evaluation tip
    • Catch errors

    Nihar, Apr 25, 2017
  5. Ian

    osforum4

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2017
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Germany
    For the best PHP coding experience, you should try "jetbrain phpstorm" at least once.

    osforum4, Jul 7, 2017