While loops

KyoGaSuki

First of all, I can confidently say that me and loops (of ANY kind)
don't go well together. The program I am working on keeps giving me
errors (and when I fix them, there is yet ANOTHER error waiting for
me....maybe Java just isn't my forte). I was to make a program that
would data from a file and then output (into a new file): month count,
starting balance, interest (6% annual), amount deposited, and then
ending balance. It could be that it is 9 am and I am not thinking
straight, but here is my code (don't laugh at me T.T):

/**
* @(#)Try2.java
*
* Try2 application
*
* @author
* @version 1.00 2008/3/6
*/
import java.util.*;
import java.io.*;
public class Try2 {

public static void main(String[] args)throws FileNotFoundException
{
Scanner in = new Scanner (new FileReader("Annuities.txt"));
float n = in.nextFloat();
PrintWriter out = new PrintWriter("Try2.txt");
int count;
float sbal;
float interest = (sbal*.06)/12;
float deposit = 200.00;
float ebal = sbal + interest + deposit;
while(in.hasNext()){
count = 1;
System.out.println(count + " " + sbal + " " + interest + " " +
deposit + " " + ebal);
count++;
}
in.close();
out.close();

RESULTS:

--------------------Configuration: Try2 - JDK version 1.6.0_03
<Default> - <Default>--------------------
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Try2
Exception in thread "main"
Process completed.

I KNOW that the input file is there and in the right spot...is it not
finding it?

GArlington

[...]

1) http://mindprod.com/jgloss/runerrormessages.html#NOCLASSDEFFOUNDERROR
2) You are NOT reading next value inside your loop, so you are either
going to have a LOT of System.out.println() with the same value (until
you kill the process), or you will have none (if the file is empty)...
You will need to do something like in.next(); and add some processing
inside the loop...

[...]

Thank you. I am finally getting correct results, but I want to ask,
is there a way to round to 2 decimal places using the math.round(x)?