    still there.

    Is the page handing the control's state or what?

    thanks

    TS, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Hi TS,

    Thanks for your posting. I've also found your other posts regarding on
    creating custom webcontrol in the asp.net and sub groups. For the question
    you mentioned here, is the control you mentioned also a composite control
    which just create some other buildin asp.net controls and add them into the
    composite control's Controls collection?

    If so, since the buildin existing ASP.NET controls are all well implemented
    which has the correctly method to help store and retain the
    states/properties between postback, so if we just add those controls as sub
    controls in composite control, we don't need to manually do the states
    maintain task. In fact, for those interfaces such as
    "IPostBackEventHandler" or "IPostBackDataHandler", generally they're only
    used for very basic controls from scratch.

    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security