Why I have error message "not have an entry point defined"?

Guest

When I compile a window form client for web service, there is error message
as follows:
Program
'D:\usr\winVBcontrol\WinClient4WebServiceFileCS\obj\Debug\WinClient4WebServiceFileCS.exe' does not have an entry point defined

Notice: I create a solution (perhaps for VB). In the sulotion, I created win
form clients for web service with VB in a window form VB project and they
worked fine. Now the current one is developed in a C# project under this
solution. Does it cause the error message?

Any help.

Thanks.

David

Andrea Zani

david said:
When I compile a window form client for web service, there is error
message
as follows:
Program
'D:\usr\winVBcontrol\WinClient4WebServiceFileCS\obj\Debug\WinClient4WebServiceFileCS.exe'
does not have an entry point defined

Notice: I create a solution (perhaps for VB). In the sulotion, I
created win
form clients for web service with VB in a window form VB project and
they
worked fine. Now the current one is developed in a C# project under
this
solution. Does it cause the error message?

Any help.

Thanks.

David

The VB entry point is the "nameclass" method.

Kevin Spencer

Does the Form have a Main() method defined? This is the entry point.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Paranoia is just a state of mind.

Guest

The window form client and service are developed by Visual Studio .NET.
Usually, I do not need to take care of it. The IDE generate what you need.

I do not find a main() method in the class source code.

David

Guest

For VB form, I can not find the method in the source. But there is a
initialization method. My problem is the C# form.

David

Andrea Zani said:
david said:
When I compile a window form client for web service, there is error
message
as follows:
Program
'D:\usr\winVBcontrol\WinClient4WebServiceFileCS\obj\Debug\WinClient4WebServiceFileCS.exe'
does not have an entry point defined

Notice: I create a solution (perhaps for VB). In the sulotion, I
created win
form clients for web service with VB in a window form VB project and
they
worked fine. Now the current one is developed in a C# project under
this
solution. Does it cause the error message?

Any help.

Thanks.

David

The VB entry point is the "nameclass" method.

--
AZ [Microsoft - .NET MVP]
Mia Home page: http://ciclismo.sitiasp.it

Guest

Thank for both of you.

I have figured it out.

The cause is what I said in my notice above. That is, I mix C# project with
VB solution in development.

David

Kevin Spencer

Usually, I do not need to take care of it. The IDE generate what you need.
I do not find a main() method in the class source code.

There's your problem. Depending upon the context, the IDE may or may not
include the Main() function in a C# Windows.Form. C# requires a bit more
understanding and control on the part of the programmer. VB.Net still tends
to hide some things, and "take care of them" for you. Still, you can control
these things in a VB.Net project when you need to. You just have to know how
to find them.