Why is this property empty when I added child controls and can seethem?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Feb 23, 2008.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I have a control with the following property:

    Private _Sections As New List(Of FormSection)
    Public Property Sections() As List(Of FormSection)
    Get
    If _Sections Is Nothing Then
    _Sections = New List(Of FormSection)
    End If
    Return _Sections
    End Get
    Set(ByVal value As List(Of FormSection))
    _Sections = value
    End Set
    End Property

    FormSection is another custom control. My control inherits from
    CompositeControl and I implement it as follows:

    For Each section As FormSection In Me.Sections
    MyBase.Controls.Add(section)
    Next
    MyBase.CreateChildControls()
    End Sub

    Finally I need to run a method from a child control in each section
    when a Bubble event is caught:

    Protected Overrides Function OnBubbleEvent(ByVal source As Object,
    ByVal e As EventArgs) As Boolean

    If TypeOf e Is CommandEventArgs Then

    For Each section In Me.Sections
    For Each field In section.Fields
    If Not field.Validate Then

    ' Stop bubbling for EventArgs
    Return True

    End If
    Next field
    Next section
    OnCommand(e)

    End If

    ' Let bubbling run for non CommandEventArgs
    Return False

    End Function

    The problem is that Me.Sections has no section in it so the loop does
    not run.

    But the sections are there! I added them and when I run the page I see
    all them.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks,

    Miguel