Why no answer to the pb of catching a menuitemclik in a menu of a master page ?

Laurent MICHEL

Hi, I can't catch the menuitemclick event on a master page.
Working with VS2005.net, having a Menu1_MenuItemClick method that handles
menuitemclick event and having declared in the aspx code the
onmenuitemclick="Menu1_MenuItemClick";
the event is not catch.
Why ? missing something ?

Regards, Laurent

Guest

Where are you putting the Menu1_MenuItemClick event handler method? If the
menu control is in a master page then the method needs to go in the
masterpage code behind page (or within the master page if you are doing
in-line coding). If you put it in the code behind of the content page then
it won't catch the event.

Laurent MICHEL

Hi clickon and thanks for your reply,
unfortunately the Menu1_MenuItemClick event handler is correctly on the
master page and nothing happened when i put a breakpoint inside the code in
this method.
Have you ever tried to put a menu on a master page and does-it works ?

Regards, Laurent

Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Laurent, I'm struggling with the same problem and it surprises me that you did not get any response that is helpfull. A menu on a masterpage is the most trivial construction so, are we the only one in the world with this problem? Unfortunately I do not have a solution right now, but I promise to give you a note when I have one.

Greetings,
Robert

Last edited: