    havn't modified anything at all. This is stupid...

    Regards,
    David

    Dai Hao, Aug 15, 2003

  2. I have the same question.It says it's compiling.

    However, I/m not sure that the same compilers run, or that they run for the
    same amount of time. For instance, perhaps the "csc" command, called when
    the source file hasn't changed, simply checks for changes in the referenced
    assemblies? Such a change can change the meaning of the program and require
    a full compile, even if the source code didn't change.

    This is new technology, and the only way to know what it's doing is either
    to measure, or to ask politely.

    John Saunders, Aug 15, 2003

  3. ....
    My point is that it needs to check the references your code uses, whether or
    not your code actually changes.

    I don't know if this is what it's doing while it says it's "Compiling", but
    I though I'd mention the references issue because it's new.

    John Saunders, Aug 15, 2003
  4. May be this is what you want

    Go to the Build Menu in VS.NET
    Select Configuration Manger... from the Build Menu
    For each Project Listed in your Solution you can check to Build or not to
    build it All the way to the right it is a check box

    MS News \(MS ILM\), Aug 15, 2003