    it doesn't work?

    Thanks.

    http://www.spvision.com/pubimages/DisneySnowGlobe/index.html

    ConTactMe, Nov 10, 2003

  2. ConTactMe

    ConTactMe Guest

    Well, I must just be messin up again. I found another example online that
    works fine, though I would still like to get this one to work for me. I'd
    apreciate critique from any one, to help me understand what I did wrong.

    Thanks.

    By the way, here's a working example:
    http://www.spvision.com/pubimages/DisneySnowGlobe/slideshow1.html

    ConTactMe, Nov 10, 2003

  3. ConTactMe

    Fabian Guest

    ConTactMe hu kiteb:
    Do you have a file called "dis_globe%20(1).jpg"? It seems kind of an odd
    filename, and regardless of your local OS, it is entirely possible that
    your server has problems serving files with certain characters, such as
    spaces or brackets, in them.

    Fabian, Nov 10, 2003
  4. A good bug report includes:
    - What you have done
    - What you expected to happen
    - What really happens
    You have failed to provide the last two, so all we can do is look
    at the page and wonder what is supposed to happen, and whether our
    browser gives the same error as your own.

    Since some of us have psychic abilities, we can help you anyway,
    but please remember it in the future.

    The oracle says: The case of the file names are important to the
    server. Your files ends in ".JPG", but the links in ".jpg". Image
    not found, error.

    (File name case is the leading reason for things working locally, but not
    when uploaded).
    /L

    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Nov 10, 2003
  5. ConTactMe

    ConTactMe Guest

    Sorry. I'm pretty good at VB, and can determine what's supposed to happen
    from that, and forget that not all languages offer the same clarity.

    The code is supposed to load an image on page load, and on click of
    Next/Previous buttons, should load the next/previous image in an array. It
    is working on my local PC, but not online. What it does is display the image
    placeholder, but no image - just the proverbial "red-X".

    I copied this code from an online example, which I didn't want to name so as
    not to cut down anyone else.

    Thanks for the feedback. You were exactly correct about the file case being
    the mess-up. I hate that, but oh well. Since the server rules, I guess I
    gotta play by the server rules.

    Thanks so much, once again.

    ConTactMe, Nov 10, 2003