will pay you to help

needaticker

can you help to create a java ticker for me?
It's driving me crazy and I dont have a clue about java. My main
problems with the solution I've found are browser performance and
needing a little more config.

The closest thing I have found so far is at:
http://www.appletcollection.com/advnewsticker.html

I need the ticker to read lines in a text file as different messages. -
which the attached link does (java example 2, after you download the
file from the website)
I need it to have configurable fades, slides, etc for both message
entry and exit - which that file does
configurable backgrounds, size of scroller and borders. - which that
file does

The differences I need are:

1/ for the applet to read the text file entries in the following ways:
top to bottom, bottom to top, random (the attached link to the file
doesnt do that, it only reads from top to bottom)

2/ at the moment the applet works fine in IE and Safari, but on Firefox
and Netscape, when you slide the scrollbar down the web page, the
applet stutters and can multiply so that 10 replica applets appear and
cover up the other page content which as you can imagine is very very
bad.

If you can help I am willing to pay, please let me know if you are
interested in this project.

cheers

email me at (e-mail address removed) if you can help

Roedy Green

can you help to create a java ticker for me?
It's driving me crazy and I dont have a clue about java. My main
problems with the solution I've found are browser performance and
needing a little more config.

This sounds like homework. I would be a total idiocy for someone to do
it for you. That just subverts your education.

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html

needaticker

thanks I will check out the site

btw it isn't homework, but life was simpler back then. but back then i
wouldnt have the money to pay, now i do

thanks