Win32::Process::KillProcess error

Jean Michel

Hello,

I'm working on WinXP and I want to kill a process by its ID.

I use the function Win32::process::KillProcess($id,9) but the following
error message is displayed :

"Your vendor has not defined Win32::process macro KillProcess used at
myprog.pl line 90 at D:\Outils\Perl\site\lib/Win32/Process.pm line 46."

What is the problem ?

Thanks for your help.

JeanMi

Matt Garrish

Jean Michel said:
Hello,

I'm working on WinXP and I want to kill a process by its ID.

I use the function Win32::process::KillProcess($id,9) but the following
error message is displayed :

"Your vendor has not defined Win32::process macro KillProcess used at
myprog.pl line 90 at D:\Outils\Perl\site\lib/Win32/Process.pm line 46."

What is the problem ?

The problem is that the module cannot autoload the KillProcess macro, as
it's telling you. I can't reproduce this error on XP Pro with ActivePerl
5.8.7 Build 813 using Win32::process v. 0.09, so why this is happening is a
bit hard to guess at. You could try upgrading/reinstalling Win32::process
and see if it's just a bad dll.

Matt