win32com and Python2.4: Interpreter crashing!

Tim N. van der Leeuw

Hi,

When trying to use win32com functionality with Python2.4, the
interpreter often crashes!

I don't know if it's a known problem already that will be fixed in an
upcoming Python2.4.1 version.

Basically, the problem is:
makepy.py generates a (large, nearly 2mb) Python file for use with COM
interfaces of an MS Excel. Generating the file seems to work fine.
However, when trying to import this file, the interpreter crashes
trying to compile it into a .pyc file.

The same file gives no such problems with Python 2.3.5.

I first just used makepy.py with Python2.4, but it crashed after
generating a large Python file.

Then I created the file using python2.3.5, and copied it to my
python2.4 installation, and that crashes python2.4 when importing it.

So as I said before: is this a known problem already fixed for the next
release, or should I collect crash-information for this problem?

cheers,

--Tim