win32com.client

vithi

Hi
Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules win32com
or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch" thanks

vithi

This is not I was looking for. There is a module call
"win32com.client" in python some people used it If any body know about
it let me know.

rzed

Hi
Any one tell me where I can get (or download) python modules
win32com or win32com.client because I have to use "Dispatch"
thanks

What distribution are you using? If you are using Windows and have
downloaded the Python.org one, then, as Gary has told you:
"You want the "python for windows" extension, available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/"

I think the ActiveState distro includes it as part of its package.

I don't know if any of this applies if you are using Linux, VMS, etc.

Gabriel Genellina

This is not I was looking for. There is a module call
"win32com.client" in python some people used it If any body know about
it let me know.

Yes. You get the win32com module from the above url. It's part of that
package, by Mark Hammond, and a lot of people uses it.

vithi

Hi,
If you are saying win32com in part of the python then you are wrong.
Here is a prove:-

IDLE 1.2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import win32com
ImportError: No module named win32com
you try in your computer

vithi

What distribution are you using? If you are using Windows and have
downloaded the Python.org one, then, as Gary has told you:
"You want the "python for windows" extension, available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/"

I think the ActiveState distro includes it as part of its package.

I don't know if any of this applies if you are using Linux, VMS, etc.

vithi

Hi,
I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of the
python then you are wrong.
Here is a prove:-

IDLE 1.2

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import win32com
ImportError: No module named win32com

you try in your computer

vithi

Gabriel Genellina

If you are saying win32com in part of the python then you are wrong.

Uh, what is so difficult to understand?
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import win32com
ImportError: No module named win32com

Sure, you don't have it installed, else you would not be asking here.
you try in your computer

Why should I?

rzed

Hi,
I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of the
python then you are wrong.

That is not what I or anyone else is saying. What we have said,
perhaps not in words you understand, is this:

1) In your browser, enter this URL:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

2) When the page comes up, find the big green box that says
"Download Python for Windows extensions" and click on it

3) In the next page that comes up, find the big green box that
says "Download" and click on that. That will bring up a page with
a list of installers, each with a name that indicates what Python
release the module goes with. If you have the 2.4 release, for
instance, click on pywin32-210.win32-py2.4.exe to download the
matching pywin32 installer.

4) When you have downloaded the installer, click on it in your
Windows Explorer. This will execute the installer, and the entire
pywin32 package will be installed, including win32com.

Try those steps, then try importing win32com again.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Hi,
I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of the

No, you are using /A/ Python interpreter compiled to RUN on Windows.
"Python for Windows" is a different creature -- it is an EXTENSION
LIBRARY that has to be installed into you existing Python installation
and gives you the ability to write code using the Windows API.

If you'd spent the 5 minutes to download the package when this first
was suggest, and run it, you'd have been done days ago.

python then you are wrong.
Here is a prove:-

IDLE 1.2

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import win32com
ImportError: No module named win32com
C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Lee Bieber>python
ActivePython 2.4.3 Build 12 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
Python 2.4.3 (#69, Apr 11 2006, 15:32:42) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
NOTE: the ActiveState builds INCLUDE the "Python for Windows"
package (but leave out SSL, I believe).

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Tim Roberts

vithi said:
Hi,
I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of the
python then you are wrong.

Look, you aren't paying attention. No one has said win32com is part of
Python. What everyone has said is that win32com is part of the "Python for
Windows extensions" by Mark Hammond. They used to be called "win32all" and
are now called "pywin32".

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32

The download includes a huge number of useful Python tools for Windows
users, of which win32com is just one.
Here is a prove:-

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import win32com
ImportError: No module named win32com

you try in your computer

It works just fine in my computer, because I have "pywin32" installed.

GHUM

btw... the statement with "youtube" was a joke.

I really applaud rzed you for giving this detailed descriptions,
people like him make the spirit of c.l.p.: People get help here WAY
over what commercial support usually gets you.

Thanks for doing that, rzed!

best wishes,

HArald