    Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

    Thanks,

    Matt Maxwell

    matthewdmaxwell, Mar 31, 2006

  2. sender: "" date: "Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 12:38:43PM +0900" <<<EOQ
    Yes. You're asuming that the whole world uses Windows :) and therefore
    expect win32ole to be part of Ruby core. Thank God that's not the
    case... :)

    http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/win32ole/

    Have a nice day everyone,
    Alex

    Alexandru E. Ungur, Mar 31, 2006

  3. sender: "Alexandru E. Ungur" date: "Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 04:41:20PM +0900" <<<EOQ
    Mea culpa, looks like it is part of stdlib:
    http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

    but them, why is it listed both on RAA and stdlib?
    Isn't RAA listing 'extra' applications/libraries that are not part of
    core+stdlib ? It also lists stdlib libraries as well?

    Alex

    Alexandru E. Ungur, Mar 31, 2006
  4. Hello,

    In message "Re: win32ole in compiled ruby"
    When Ruby version was 1.6.8, the Win32OLE was not stdlib library.
    The Win32OLE of RAA is for Ruby 1.6.8

    And the Win32OLE became stdlib when the Ruby version was 1.8.0.
    And now the Win32OLE is one of the stdlib libraries.

    Regards,
    Masaki Suketa

    Masaki Suketa, Mar 31, 2006
  5. sender: "Masaki Suketa" date: "Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 10:32:25PM +0900" <<<EOQ
    Thank you very much for the explanation.
    It makes a lot more sense now.

    Thanks,
    Alex

    Alexandru E. Ungur, Apr 1, 2006