    title bar and status bar too. Any ideas?

    Thanks in anticipation!

    Sanjay

    aagee, Oct 15, 2004

  2. aagee

    Randy Webb Guest

    Yes. Design your pages to work with the title bar and status bar.

    Randy Webb, Oct 15, 2004

  3. aagee

    Grant Wagner Guest

    Yes, Windows XP Service Pack 2 offered a number of security related
    enhancements to Internet Explorer, this being one of them.

    Users of Internet Explorer got sick of Web sites opening a window
    fullscreen and "stealing" their desktop. In a lot of cases, people had no
    idea how to rid themselves of the fullscreen page. Many Windows users do
    not know about Alt+Tab and even those that do found themselves in a
    situation where they could Alt+Tab away from the fullscreen IE window,
    but when they returned to Internet Explorer, they found it occupying
    their entire desktop again.

    Of course, the simple solution to the problem is to bring the fullscreen
    IE window into focus and hit Alt+F4 to close it - assuming the site
    author hasn't written client-side JavaScript to intercept Alt+F4, which
    I've also seen - however, the sequence of commands to close the
    fullscreen window can be considered pretty complicated for a lot of
    computer users, and I've seen people hit the reset button when presented
    with a fullscreen IE window they could not figure out how to close.

    To remove some user anxiety and make the Web a less hostile place,
    Microsoft has wisely chosen to now display a title and status bar on
    every newly opened window by default - the status bar (and perhaps the
    titlebar) can be removed by the end-user if they so wish, but the Web
    site author has no control over those settings.

    Even if you have no malicious intent, the potential for mis-use remains,
    and as a result, the functionality has been removed.

    More details about the new features in IE is available at: <url:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/technologiesoverview.mspx#EBAA />
    and <url: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/ieoeoverview.mspx />.

    Grant Wagner, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Yes? Did I ask a yes/no question :)

    What I was asking was if anyone knew why / when this behavior started to
    happen? And if there is a workaround for it.

    Thanks!

    Sanjay Bhandari, Oct 15, 2004
  5. aagee

    Randy Webb Guest

    No, there is no workaround for it. But, this is comp.lang.javascript not
    your personal help-desk.

    Randy Webb, Oct 15, 2004
  6. Now - that's a nice, informative response! Thanks very much.

    Actually - I just use this for my home grown photo album code. No biggie
    - but would be nice if I could do it somehow with minimum hassle.

    Sanjay Bhandari, Oct 15, 2004
  7. aagee

    Sanjay Guest

    Oh man! Not one of you again!!

    (1) This type of thing is exactly what this newsgroup is for.
    (2) You are being rude. Next time if you feel its not worth your attention,
    just move on. Don't reply with a moronic answer and then later chide folks
    for asking for help.
    (3) There ARE other folks who are here for meaningful interaction and are
    quite helpful.
    (4) But because you HAVE been rude I am obliged to remind you that you are a
    moronic nitwit with possibly some delusions of grandeur.
    (5) Now that felt quite good. I'd advise against starting a pissing contest.
    I have a lot of time on my hands. Lets just move on.

    aagee

    Sanjay, Oct 16, 2004
  8. aagee

    Randy Webb Guest

    What is a "one of you"?
    Thats debatable. This group is for the discussion of Javascript
    implementations, not the absence of a feature in IE6 anymore. But either
    way, its irrelevant.
    My answer was far from moronic. It was short and factual.
    Then maybe you should email them and ask them directly, so that you do
    not get your feelings hurt by the truth.
    Obviously, your definition and my definition of rude is different. I
    have been far from rude, but if you want to get into a "rude pissing
    contest", we can.
    Thats up to you.
    As do I. Your call.

    --
    Randy
    Question: Why?

    Randy Webb, Oct 16, 2004
  9. aagee

    Yidaki Guest

    Use only "fullscreen", so without the "=yes"

    Yidaki, Oct 16, 2004
  10. aagee

    aagee Guest

    Woohoo! A pissing contest!!

    Oh you know. I am sure people tell you all the time.
    Have you looked at the other postings? And if that's what you are here to
    discuss then what the heck are you doing responding to other posts?
    Well - it was kind of moronic. Maybe you don't quite understand what makes a
    short, lucid, informative answer. If you don't have one - just move on.
    Now that comment's quite moronic as well :)
    My definition of rude is when some pompous idiot makes a comment like "this
    is not your personal help desk".
    And you.
    As it is yours.

    aagee, Oct 16, 2004