Windows 2003 server and ASP.NET

Robert Scheer

Hi.

When installing a windows 2003 server, the option to install IIS 6.0
also shows an item called ASP.NET. What is the purpose of this option?

I heard that windows 2003 already has the .NET Framework inside it.
Can I install VS.NET 2003 without problems on a windows 2003 server
machine, or will I overwrite the version that comes with windows 2003?

Thanks,
Robert Scheer

Mike

You can install .NET 2003 in 2003 server. When i did it the only issue i had
was a permission issue, once i got that fixed I was good to go.

Kevin Spencer

There is no need to install the .Net platform on a Windws Server 2003
Operating System. The option to "install" ASP.Net indicates that you are
configuring your web server to support ASP.Net, not actually installing it
(other than on the web server). You can simply install VS.Net 2003 on the
machine without any problems. At least I did.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

To be able to use ASP.NET. By default IIS 6 is pessimistic, so everything is
turned off by default.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA