windows api using a handle to focus input

Michael Linfield

Alright, I have the input functions down to translate user input the
moment it hits the terminal, however I don't want the user to be typing
directly into the terminal for this to work o_O.

I wrote a small C++ extension to attempt to bring the window to the
front... however sticking the function in a - while true - loop makes it
the only window one is able to access!! (basically you can't click on
anything till you run the kill script)

#### C++ Code ####

#include <windows.h>

HWND nHandle;

int main()
{
nHandle = FindWindow(NULL, "app1");
SetForegroundWindow(nHandle);
return 0;
}

##################

now "app1" is the title I gave the ruby script via:

Win32API.new('user32','SetWindowText',['p','p'], 'L').call(win,txt)

Now I'm beginning to understand the different direction I have to move
in.
Somehow, I want to shove all input to the window handle (which is stored
in the "win" variable).

How would I redirect all keyboard input to the win handle.. for multiple
text programs such as notepad... word... ect.

For reference, the problem I run into is that as soon as I click off the
command prompt window to make use of inputting text into say.. notepad..
it no longer catches keyboard input.

Thanks for any advice,

- Mac