    users do not have the ability to change their password to something
    else they prefer. Is there a better way to design our website to
    accommodate this and still keep our network secure?

    Mel, Sep 4, 2008

  2. Mel

    Stan Guest

    Hi Mel

    If you are using System.DirectoryServices to access AD then use the
    Invoke() method of a DirectoryEntry object to run SetPassword.exe to
    change a user password.

    You don't say which version of ASP.NET you are working with but if
    it's version 2 or above then you might consider using Forms
    authentication with Membership and Roles to control access to the
    site.

    HTH

    Stan, Sep 4, 2008

  3. Mel

    Mel Guest

    Yes, I am using asp.net 2.0, visual studio 2005 Pro, vb.net. In your
    opinion, do you think using Forms authentication would be a better way
    to go? Would that give me more capabilities and more features?

    Mel, Sep 8, 2008