Windows Impersonation/Delegation Group Policies?

7

7777

Hello, can Windows domain Group Policies be utilized/pushed when using
ASP.NET Impersonation/Delegation? Thanks in advance.

Joe Kaplan

I believe Citrix has a login integration system using constrained delegation
that ends up supporting GPO and such for the remote desktop you end up
logging in to. Normally in a network login, GPO is not processed though. So,
it may depend on what you are trying to do or what your exact scenario is.

7

7777

Scenario would be IIS 6.0 serving up WCF ASP.NET app to SQL Server and was
wondering if configuring and using Impersonation/Delegation windows
authentication would be able to utilize domain policies? Thanks Joe,
appreciate your info.

7

7777

I'm not sure if my reply went through but just still pondering...

....scenario would be WCF ASP.NET app on an IIS 6.0 which a user logs in from
their client (all within one domain) enters data, which then the .net app
(same domain) sends it to SQL Server on a different machine (same domain)
and was wondering if configuring and using Impersonation/Delegation windows
authentication would be able to utilize domain login policies? Thanks Joe,
appreciate your info.

Joe Kaplan

No, not for that. However, what policies would you be looking to use? The
user's account policy will still be enforced in that they won't be able to
authenticate if they are locked our or expired or something. GPO won't
process in this use case though.

So, it depends more specifically on what you are expecting to have happen at
SQL server.