Windows Script Encoder

Paul Home

Hi
How come I always encountered this error after executing the following
command ?

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASP>screnc admin.asp eadmin.asp

Scripting encoder object ("Scripting.Encoder") failed on
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASP\
admin.asp

I really had no idea about the error hit above. Still the same result no
matter how hard I tried it with different switches. The IDIOT encoder really
put me in a maze without any clue on tracing out the cause as I'm in
imminent need of encoding my ASP application from prying eyes.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Foo Man Chew

matter how hard I tried it with different switches. The IDIOT encoder
really
put me in a maze without any clue on tracing out the cause as I'm in
imminent need of encoding my ASP application from prying eyes.

Security through obscurity != security. If you want to hide your code from
prying eyes, do it right. Obfuscation is all the encoder really does, and
reversing it is child's play.