wininet.dll

R M

I upgraded from a Windows 2000 box to Windows 2003. Life is going
good except for winhttp.dll

--------- Windows 2000 box -------------
C:\WINNT\system32>dir winhttp.dll
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 5839-8874

Directory of C:\WINNT\system32

12/12/2003 05:38p 311,296 winhttp.dll
1 File(s) 311,296 bytes
0 Dir(s) 233,140,224 bytes free

--------- Windows 2000 box -------------

--------- Windows 2003 box -------------
C:\WINNT\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.WinHTTP_6595b64144ccf1df_5.1.0.0_x-ww_E065
1936>dir winhttp.dll
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 7CFC-DDD5

03/24/2003 09:43 PM 335,360 winhttp.dll
1 File(s) 335,360 bytes
2 Dir(s) 933,441,536 bytes free
--------- Windows 2003 box -------------

Question:
--------
I used to rely on the path to the winhttp.dll being there, but looks
like on the Windows 2003 box, I cannot trust that any more. Copying
it to winnt\system32 helps, but I was wondering if people had any
other thoughts?

Thanks

-R