WMI calls for virtualization - not returning values.

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Shreya Govind, Jul 13, 2009.

  1. Hi,
    I am using WMI calls to ge the Virtual system information of a VM on
    Hyper-V using Ruby.
    Below is my code:

    require 'pp'
    require 'win32ole'
    wmi = WIN32OLE.connect("winmgmts://./root/virtualization")

    processes = wmi.ExecQuery("select * from
    MsVM_virtualSystemManagementService")
    temp = nil
    result = Array.new
    input = nil

    for process in processes do
    pp process.Caption
    pp process.Name
    pp ret = process.GetSummaryInformation(input,
    [0,1,2,3,4,100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108],
    result)
    end
    pp result

    ret is 0. which is for success. But 'result' is empty. Iam know that Iam
    missing out something. Please do let me know how to make this work. Iam
    stuck here.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Shreya

    Shreya Govind, Jul 13, 2009

    On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Shreya Govind <
    Check WIN32OLE::ARGV for the result. This is explained here:

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/169830

    Gordon Thiesfeld, Jul 13, 2009