WordPress Python Library 1.0

Discussion in 'Python' started by Michele Ferretti, May 2, 2005.

  1. Michele Ferretti, May 2, 2005

  2. [Michele Ferretti] Quoted above, the full content of your article. Is it a message? It
    surely does not look like an English sentence.

    Should we start a browser each time we see an URL? Many of us are not
    in such an Internet starvation. If you want to raise our appetite,
    maybe a few words of introduction or explanation would be welcome. :)

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Pinard, May 2, 2005

  3. ok, sorry, but subject is very explicit!

    --

    Michele Ferretti

    ICQ#: 14491159
    Skype: m.ferretti79
    black DOT bird AT tiscali DOT it
    www.blackbirdblog.it

    Michele Ferretti, May 2, 2005
  4. Still, it's insufficient for those of us who doesn't know what WordPress
    is, and it's a waste of time for those of us who don't speak Italian.
    C'mon, pal, you can do much better than that!

    Klaus Alexander Seistrup, May 2, 2005
  5. Still, it's insufficient for those of us who don't know what WordPress

    Klaus Alexander Seistrup, May 2, 2005
  6. Should we expect your "WordPress Python Library 1.0" to do to words
    what the dry cleaners do to suits and shirts then? ;-)

    Regards,
    Bengt Richter

    Bengt Richter, May 2, 2005
  7. Michele Ferretti

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Lose buttons and stain the collars?

    Peter Hansen, May 3, 2005
  8. Michele Ferretti

    John Machin Guest

    or perhaps what feet do to grapes?

    John Machin, May 3, 2005
  9. Michele Ferretti

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Provide a source of yeast to begin the fermentation process?

    (Sorry about these: it must be something to do with getting only three
    hours of sleep each of the last two nights. ;-) )

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, May 3, 2005
  10. Michele Ferretti

    Cappy2112 Guest

    If you wan't explain what WordPress is, can you at least supply a link
    for a page that's in English?

    Cappy2112, May 3, 2005
  11. WordPress is most diffused blog engine: http://www.wordpress.org
    My library is a client for connect to WP installation.

    Michele Ferretti, May 3, 2005
  12. Michele Ferretti

    Terry Reedy Guest

    ok, sorry, but subject is very explicit!

    Michele, it is both polite and and uncontroversial standard practice in
    Pythonland for announcements to include a sentence or two or a short
    paragraph (in English) explaining what is being announced so people quickly
    know whether it is of any interest or not. Just watch here and you will
    see many examples.

    Terry J. Reedy

    Terry Reedy, May 3, 2005
  13. Excused all, I have mistaken!
    I did not know these rules
    the next time I will follow them

    Michele Ferretti, May 3, 2005
  14. Caro Michele:

    Non parlo italiano, ma parlo espagnol. I can read your website, and
    your library looks interesting. Would you like me to provide an
    english translation of your webpage so that you can provide a version
    for english speakers?

    I am a WordPress user and a Python programmer so I will be keen to try
    out your library.

    cheers

    stewart.midwinter, May 3, 2005
  15. I have traslate project web page, here you are:

    WordPress is considered one of more appreciate blogs builders. This
    software is installed from many people and like most tools have a
    administration user interface based on XML-RPC protocol. XML-RPC is a
    protocol for building WebServices that use HTTP and XML messages.
    WordPress can be controlled (not completely) by remote administration
    interface through XML messages. This library permit you to control
    remotely a WordPress installation. Use of library is very simple, you
    can write a small scripts or full applications that permit to automate
    publishing of articles on your blog/site powered by WordPress. This is a
    small example: [esempio] Library is released under terms of GNU LGPL and
    it's available for download from this site.

    At this time are available these actions:

    * Publishing new post
    * Modify old post
    * Publishing draft post
    * Deleting post
    * Changing post's categories
    * Getting blog and user informations
    * Upload multimedia files like movies or photos
    * Getting last recent articles list
    * Getting last post
    * Getting Trackbacks of post
    * Getting Pingbacks of post