Working with PDFs?

Guest

Just curious if anyone knows if it's possible to work with pdf documents
with Python? I'd like to do the following:

- Pull out text from each PDF page (to search for specific words)
- Combine separate pdf documents into one document
- Add bookmarks (with destination settings)

A few programs I've been looking at are pdfminer, pyPDF, etc from this
link:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=search&term=pdf&submit=search

Originally, I was using AppleScript and JavaScript to do this in Acrobat.
But now Acrobat 9 has broken this process and I can't seem to make it
work. I'd like to find other workarounds instead of having to rely on
Adobe.

Thanks for your help.

Jay

Anssi Saari

- Pull out text from each PDF page (to search for specific words)
- Combine separate pdf documents into one document
- Add bookmarks (with destination settings)

PDF Shuffler is a Python app which does PDF merging and splitting very
well. I don't think it does anything else, though, but maybe that's
where your code comes in?