Write a python blog/website?

sharpshoot

Hi Guys,

I thought this would be really interesting to people who blog who
might be able to help us. This year we built a product called
Snaptalent, emanating from Paul Graham's Y Combinator, which allows
bloggers to monetize using tasteful and relevant job advertising.

When we found out Joel Spolsky makes over $200k a year from Job
Advertising, we decided to do something about helping publishers who
write great content, who don't make a lot of money to make money from
relevant job ads as opposed to some of the irrelevance shown by
adsense.

We also decided that in addition making the jobs ads solely text based
that we would allow for tasteful widget formats with images (to show
off cool offices), video (to show off the people). Also we decided to
make pretty widgets, which when clicked upon, showed a full page job
ad in a lightbox thus not taking users away from the page.

Also for a lot of audiences job ads would be more relevant and that
great job ads are also great content (like the job ads in the
economist).

Things have gone really well and since March, this year we've worked
with a test group of about 45 sites and 30 or so companies to really
get this right. Now we're ready to add a 100 more sites for the next
phase to improve what we've done, so we need your help to get us
there!

You can see our widgets some high profile sites like

Hacker News: http://news.ycombinator.com/jobs
Steve Yegge: http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com
Raganwald: http://weblog.raganwald.com

and we've attracted some great initial reviews:

http://paulstamatiou.com/2008/03/15/snaptalent-compelling-job-ads
http://www.pchristensen.com/blog/ar...ation-and-the-passionate-developer-community/

We're keen to continue growing the network again and are planning to
restrict this to another 100 blogs for the next phase.

I would love to extend out an invitation to folk who

* Write good quality content
* Update regularly and have some traffic

If you'd like to participate the URL to get a widget here:
http://snaptalent.com/widgets/new

Now the rates may not be as high as they will be in the future, and
there may be stuff we need to fix, but together with your feedback we
can iterate on what we've done & make something thats really valuable
for the programming community.

Please feel free to forward this to someone who you know may benefit
or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sumon

Co-founder
Snaptalent
(e-mail address removed)

Sumon Sadhu

Hey Dotan,

My apologies if this post caused offense. Your assertion is right,
maybe i should have emailed everyone individually like i've done with
the first 45 sites, but it was never my intention to spam.

We're programmers like yourself, trying to build something that
provides a lot of benefit. You can see our intentions are genuine
(and our python ad server was fun to build)

So while i appreciate your response, it was never my attention to be
"spammy"

Thanks,

- Sumon