Write Linux Device Driver

nbhalala

Hello Friends,
Hi Myself Naresh (B.E. Comp. Eng) from Mumbai...

I'm a Linux Device Driver Writer...
I would like to learn writing Driver of "USB Devices"...BUT
before that I'm presently working on "PCI ETHERNET NETWORK ADAPTER
(RTL8139)" for that - reading it's Datasheet and trying to write simple
backbone Driver BUT for that friend I need your Help...

Resources I have/using -
1. Few Online Documents....
2. Regular Reader of LinuxForU Magazine...
3. Linux Device Driver (Online Book) by RUBINI

Plz share some knowledge/docs/samples u have....

Thanks in advance...
Naresh

Jens.Toerring

nbhalala said:
Hello Friends,
Hi Myself Naresh (B.E. Comp. Eng) from Mumbai...
I'm a Linux Device Driver Writer...
I would like to learn writing Driver of "USB Devices"...BUT
before that I'm presently working on "PCI ETHERNET NETWORK ADAPTER
(RTL8139)" for that - reading it's Datasheet and trying to write simple
backbone Driver BUT for that friend I need your Help...
Resources I have/using -
1. Few Online Documents....
2. Regular Reader of LinuxForU Magazine...
3. Linux Device Driver (Online Book) by RUBINI
Plz share some knowledge/docs/samples u have....

What you seem to be looking for doesn't seem to be information about
the C language but about specifics of writing Linux device drivers -
and then you're asking in the wrong newsgroup. You better ask them in
e.g. comp.os.linux.development.system where Linux device drivers are
one of the main topics discussed - but even there you will tend to
receive more useful responses when you are a bit more specific about
what exactly you're interested in and/or what the problems are you're
currently facing.
Regards, Jens