Writing a Lisp interpreter in Perl?

Asmo

Hi all. I was thinking of doing a personal project, and I was
considering which, out of my favorite two languages (Perl and Lisp) I
should do it in, when I decided I could combine both into one awesome
project!

I want to write a Lisp interpreter in Perl, but I was wondering a few
things before undertaking such a task:

1) Has it been done before? I did a search through CPAN, and found a
few implementations of some Lisp things, but not a complete
interpretor, and a search on google returned a few things as well, but
nothing complete. So has anyone heard of this being done?

2) Is it impossible? I can understand (and indeed, I look forward to)
a challenge, but if there is some reason it will be impossible, I'd
like to know before putting time into it.

3) Does anyone have any advice? Luckily for me, most of the ANSI Lisp
functions can be written using other Lisp code, so if I can provide
basic functionality, I could be pretty well set. But if anyone has
any words of wisdom, I'd be glad to hear.

Alright, thanks guys, and sorry if I'm wasting your time!

Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan

[posted & mailed]

1) Has it been done before? I did a search through CPAN, and found a
few implementations of some Lisp things, but not a complete
interpretor, and a search on google returned a few things as well, but
nothing complete. So has anyone heard of this being done?

Gisle Aas (of LWP fame) has written something:

http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/perl-lisp-0.05/

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan % How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734 % the cheated, we who for every service