    displaying RSS feeds into a webpage.

    Thanks so much!!!!!
    Shannon

    linearfusion, Jun 27, 2006

  2. linearfusion

    Jeremy Guest

    Shannon,
    I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree with Javascript. This is
    something you need to do server-side; for example, using PHP or a
    similar back-end language.

    Due to security restrictions on Javascript, it's not possible to
    (directly) grab a file from a server besides your own. You could have a
    backend script that grabs a remote file and spits it back out, and then
    use javascript to access the remote feed through that backend script.
    Then, you could use XSLT (for example: AjaXSLT, a Google library) to
    transform the feed.

    But this is probably best accomplished through a backend script. Ask in
    a PHP group - you can do what you want to do in about 8 lines of code
    with PHP.

    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Jun 27, 2006

  3. linearfusion