writing a Mail Server

sujatasingh_orlando

Hello,
I have to implement a mail server type program for a project using
python. I have already implemented smtp and pop3 protocol to send and
retrieve mail at the client side. I used an existing mail server
account to test the code. Now, I need to write the functionality of the
mail server end. My goal is to receive emails from a few accounts, look
at the to addresses and forward it to different mailboxes. And,
different users should be able to pick up mail from their mailboxes.
I am new to python and from what I have learned, I need to use
SimpleSocketServer. I am not clear about how it will get an email type
file and then put it in the right mailbox.
I don't need to do too much fancy address checking, spam filtering etc.

Is there a simple way to approach this? Will really appreciate the
input.
Thanks

Manlio Perillo

(e-mail address removed) ha scritto:
[...]

Twisted.

Regards Manlio Perillo

Steve Holden

[...]

Look at the SpamBayes project, which IIRC has proxies for both SMTP and
POP3, which should be easy to adapt to your purposes - you don't really
need a full server implementation.

regards
Steve

gene tani

[...]

i didn't check carefully, but i think it's all laid out in the Oreilly
twisted book