Writing to a frameset causes the frameset to resize

xzzy

VS 2003, code behind is C#

Situation:

1. a webpage has 4 frames:

TOP
LEFT RIGHT
BOTTOM

2. RIGHT frame has 2 frames: ONE, TWO

3. The only interaction between frames is in one direction from LEFT to
RIGHT.

4. depending upon which button is pressed in the LEFT frame, the RIGHT
frame is overwritten with a new source, in either case, a .htm page that has
2 frames: ONE, TWO ( both .aspx pages )

5. The first time the RIGHT frame is changed, everything is okay. The
second time, regardless of which .htm page is selected to overwrite the
RIGHT frame, the frames in RIGHT ( ONE and TWO ) change sizes.

6. The above happens regardless of whether the update is done with a
Response.Write, Response.WriteFile, Server.Transfer,
using the , true) , false) or don't care settings, and it doen't matter
if the .aspx pages in ONE and TWO either have code behind that does
something, or the codebehind is just the boilerplate stuff VS puts in when a
..aspx page is created in VS.

Question: How to prevent the 2 frames in RIGHT from resizing by them selves?

John Bickmore

Bruce Barker

don't reload the frameset on the right, just the source of its 2 frames.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

xzzy

the second write to the frame causes them to change from 40 / 60 to 50 / 50,
and it remains 50 / 50 thereafter.

John Bickmore

xzzy

I think I am a javascript dummy because:

top.frames["TOP"].frames["RIGHT"].document.href = 'abc.aspx'

doesn't work

John Bickmore