Wrting an XML file setting multiple namespaces

neroblu80

Hello everybody,

Im trying to write an XML file through JDOM.
My problem is that in the root of the file i need to add three
namespaces to obtain something like:

<root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://
www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/
XMLSchema">

I've been able to use root.setNamespace(ns) to insert the attribture
xmlns
but i cant find any way to insert others ns with their prefixes. Is
there any method that I dont know? In various docs I didnt find
anything and if i try to use root.setAttribute("xmlns:xsi","value") I
get a format error for the attribute.

Does anyone can help me??
Thank you!

Tajonis

You should look at using element.addNamespaceDeclaration(Namespace)
instead of element.setNamespace(Namespace). By using
element.addNamespaceDeclaration(Namespace) you will add to the
element's List additionalNamespaces field instead of setting the
element's namespace field. Have a look at <a href="http://www.jdom.org/
docs/apidocs/org/jdom/Element.html">Element JavaDoc</a>