WSE 2.0: Extending SecurityTokenServiceClient to support SAML Assertions

Hari Menon

In WSE 2.0, using the SecurityTokenServiceClient, I can
request for a SAML asertion by specifying
WSTrust.TokenTypes.SAMLAssertion while creating the
RequestSecurityToken object.

However, when my SecurityTokenService (a SAML Credentials
Collector) returns a SAML Assertion,
RequestSecurityTokenResponse does not recognize the SAML
assertion and it throws an exception!

After a bit of digging around, I found that the only
supported SecurityTokens are UsernameToken, KerberosToken
and X509SecurityToken. Now, I would like to extend it to
support a SAML Assertion.

Is RequestSecurityTokenResponse or
SecurityTokenServiceClient designed to be extensible? I
could not find any good virtual functions in these that I
can override to provide my implementation of a
SecurityToken.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Hari