WSUSAdmin Compilation Error

Rod

Hi,

I'm getting this error when trying to access my newly installed WSUS site:

Server Error in '/WSUSAdmin' Application.
Compilation Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
and modify your source code appropriately.
Compiler Error Message: CS0016: Could not write to output file
'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\wsusadmin\9f175a23\cefb3f7f\x0f_5ruj.dll' -- 'The directory name is
invalid. '
Source Error:
[No relevant source lines]
Source File: Line: 0

I checked that directory exists and NETWORK SERVICE has Full rights to it so
there's no ACLs preventing access to it. My googling has turned a KB article
describing a procedure for checking and changing rights to the TEMP and TMP
folders but that didn't fix it. Interestingly enough, using Sysinternals'
Filemon idicates that there's no file reads OR writes happening in either
this folder or the temp folders while this error is being generated. In
fact, systemwide, there's no file activity of note.

Any suggestions for tools or ways to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
Rod Taylor