wxRuby setting the Frame's icon - getting started example

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by 7stud --, Mar 24, 2009.

  1. 7stud --

    7stud -- Guest

    The following is a simplified example from the wxRuby wiki here:

    http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Frames_(Part_1)

    It's the second example in the wxRuby tutorial entitled "Getting
    Started". However, I don't seen any icon when I run the code on mac osx
    10.4.11.

    require 'rubygems'
    require 'wx'

    class IconFrame < Wx::Frame

    def initialize
    super(nil, -1, "Changing Icons", Wx::DEFAULT_POSITION,
    Wx::Size.new(300, 200)
    )

    set_icon(Wx::Icon.new("./icons/DataHD.png"))

    show
    end

    end

    class MinimalApp < Wx::App
    def on_init
    IconFrame.new
    end
    end

    MinimalApp.new.main_loop

    I also tried using some .ico files in set_icon(), but I don't see them
    anywhere.

    7stud --, Mar 24, 2009

  2. 7stud --

    Alex Fenton Guest

    Frames in the OS X desktop don't have icons - not in the same way as
    Windows has per-frame icons in the top-left corner.

    If you want to set an application-wide icon to appear in the Dock, use
    Wx::TaskBarIcon. There's an example of this in the bigdemo.rb sample
    that comes with wxRuby.

    PS - wxRuby questions are better on the wxruby-users mailing list:

    http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/36

    Alex Fenton, Mar 24, 2009

  3. 7stud --

    7stud -- Guest

    Thanks for the response. Ok. Maybe the wiki should mention that?

    By the way, did you see my results here:

    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/180219#new

    7stud --, Mar 24, 2009