wxRuby setting the Frame's icon - getting started example

7

7stud --

The following is a simplified example from the wxRuby wiki here:

http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Frames_(Part_1)

It's the second example in the wxRuby tutorial entitled "Getting
Started". However, I don't seen any icon when I run the code on mac osx
10.4.11.

require 'rubygems'
require 'wx'

class IconFrame < Wx::Frame

def initialize
super(nil, -1, "Changing Icons", Wx::DEFAULT_POSITION,
Wx::Size.new(300, 200)
)

set_icon(Wx::Icon.new("./icons/DataHD.png"))

show
end

end

class MinimalApp < Wx::App
def on_init
IconFrame.new
end
end

MinimalApp.new.main_loop

I also tried using some .ico files in set_icon(), but I don't see them
anywhere.

Alex Fenton

7stud said:
The following is a simplified example from the wxRuby wiki here:

http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Frames_(Part_1)

It's the second example in the wxRuby tutorial entitled "Getting
Started". However, I don't seen any icon when I run the code on mac osx
10.4.11.

Frames in the OS X desktop don't have icons - not in the same way as
Windows has per-frame icons in the top-left corner.

If you want to set an application-wide icon to appear in the Dock, use
Wx::TaskBarIcon. There's an example of this in the bigdemo.rb sample
that comes with wxRuby.

PS - wxRuby questions are better on the wxruby-users mailing list:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/36

7

7stud --

Alex said:
Frames in the OS X desktop don't have icons - not in the same way as
Windows has per-frame icons in the top-left corner.

If you want to set an application-wide icon to appear in the Dock, use
Wx::TaskBarIcon. There's an example of this in the bigdemo.rb sample
that comes with wxRuby.

PS - wxRuby questions are better on the wxruby-users mailing list:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/36

Thanks for the response. Ok. Maybe the wiki should mention that?

By the way, did you see my results here:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/180219#new