wxstyledtextctrl and xml markup

OpenPavilion Team

Hello community,

I want to create an editor for a self defined xml markup language. I want to
use wxpython with wxstyledtextctrl and I have looked around at yellowbrain
site, but there are no examples. I also watched the styledtextctrl examples
with wxpython 2.8.4.

What I am looking for is an example of how to do the autocompletion part for
the styledtextctrl based on my self defined XML language.

example:
<profile>
<connection></connection>
<company>
<person></person>
</company>
[...]
</profile>

Since I don't know styledtextctrl, I fear that I am about to write a complex
handler for the autocompletion part, whereas there could be some easy to use
features built into styledtextctrl. My problem is that I don't want to
externalize the grammar of the XML instead of coding it inside the
autocompletion handler.

Are there any examples for wxstyledtextctrl, xml and autocompletion ?

Regards
Pavilion

kyosohma

[...]

The demo for the StyledTextCtrl_2 mentions something about
autocomplete in the code. Not sure what it's talking about though. The
docs for it seem to link to Scintilla, so reading up on Scintilla's
usage would probably be valuable.

The wiki has one recipe on it for this control:
http://wiki.wxpython.org/Using_Python_Regular_Expressions_with_StyledTextCtrl

I highly recommend the wxPython mailing list. Right now it is down
(see their website), but when it's back up (check their website for
news), that's where I'd post this question if no one else here
answers.

Mike

limodou

I highly recommend the wxPython mailing list. Right now it is down
(see their website), but when it's back up (check their website for
news), that's where I'd post this question if no one else here
answers.
wxPython mail list already comes back!