xinclude / xpointer problem (validation by Altova XML Spy 2008 Sp1)

RolfK

Dear ALL,

may be someone can help me on an xpointer issue.
I'm doing sucessfully xinclude but I got stuck with xpointer.
Im including an xml file which holds
<mtsi:SpecItems>
<SpecItem ....
<SpecItem ...
</mtsi:SpecItem/>

Working example:
</SpecItems>

The pity here is that I need to include all items below the root node.
I tried <xi:include href="SpecItems_Regulator.xml" xpointer="element(/
1/*) />
But with no success. In case I run all with saxon the parts which
should be included are not there.
Hence I guess the error from XML Spy is right.

Additional the xpath like approch does not work too
<SpecItems>
<xi:include href="SpecItems_Regulator.xml" xpointer="//SpecItem" />
</SpecItems>

In all case except the very first wirking example I get an error
message during validation
E.g for the last one described here:
File myfile.xml is not valid.
XPointer '//SpecItem' doesn't resolve to an information item.
Error location: eedoc:EEDoc / eedoc:Content / mgt:MPTest /
SpecItems / xi:include / @xpointer
Details
XPointer: 3.1 Syntax: '//SpecItem' is no valid xpointer.
XInclude: 3.2 xi:fallback Element: XPointer '//SpecItem' doesn't
resolve to an information item.

Any idea how to make this right is highly welcome

Thanks

Rolf