XInclude

Erdem Guven

I try to include some xml documents to another one and validate them.
I get 'invalid content starting with element "xi:include".' error message at
pointsample.xml line 6 from xml plugin of jedit which uses xerces lib.
I can't find what is wrong.

Here is my files:
sample.xsd:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<schema
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:B="http://www.sample.com/Sample"
targetNamespace="http://www.sample.com/Sample"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
elementFormDefault="qualified">
<element name="point" type="B:point"/>
<complexType name="Point">
<sequence>
<element name="position" type="B:XYPosition"/>
<element name="colour" type="B:Colour"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>

<complexType name="XYPosition">
<sequence>
<element name="x-position" type="integer"/>
<element name="y-position" type="integer"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>

<complexType name="Colour">
<choice>
<element name="colour-index" type="integer"/>
<element name="absolute-colour" type="string"/>
</choice>
</complexType>

</schema>

position.xml:

<position>
<x-position>5</x-position>
<y-position>5</y-position>
</position>

colour.xml:

<colour>
<colour-index>5</colour-index>
</colour>

pointsample.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<point
xmlns="http://www.sample.com/Sample"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.sample.com/Sample sample.xsd"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
<xi:include href="point.xml"/>
<xi:include href="colour.xml"/>
</point>

Matthias Jung

Check out what the content is you pass to the schema validator.
To me this seems like the includes are not resolved correctly. The
validator checks pointsample.xml 'as it is'.

Cheers Matthias