XML namespace

Guest

namespace is used for extending XML document that's define by another /
different people?

for example soap, someone defined soap envelope which is the basic structure
/ framework <HEADER>

then user of soap can add his own elements inside the framework --> inside
<HEADER> tag or

but the new user elements is defined by different people then soap envolpe,
so we need to have another namespace

is that the only reason why we need namespace? any other reason we need
namespace for each element?

Thanks

steve_marjoribanks

Namespaces are XML's way of avoiding element naming conflicts. The
prefixes applied to elements also make it much clearer where elements
have come from when creating schemas that import aspects of various
other schemas from different XML dialects (hence different namespaces).

Steve