    I am experimenting with XmlHttpRequest, one question about security, if the
    request is made from a secure page (https) will the request and response
    also be secure?

    Paul, Feb 25, 2007

  2. Paul

    -Lost Guest

    Yes. If you think about it, an XHR is simply the mechanism by which to process HTTP
    requests. If the HTTP request is a secure one (i.e. HTTPS) then your XHR has no choice
    but to use a secure HTTP request. Make sense?

    http://evolt.org/ajax_login_system

    ....has a few comment/discussions going on about just this.

    -Lost

    -Lost, Feb 26, 2007

  3. Paul

    Randy Webb Guest

    -Lost said the following on 2/25/2007 8:32 PM:
    Only if the request is made to a secure server via the https protocol.
    But, you can also make a request to an http server from an https server
    and the request/response won't be https secure.

    Randy Webb, Feb 26, 2007